Nearly the entire state of Montana is either near to or experiencing drought. With the U.S. Drought Monitor reporting that only 2.7 percent of the state is experiencing normal water conditions. This is fuelling wildfire and causing loss of crops to local farmers.
Drought conditions have been reported in a stretch of 680miles from Sidney to Noxon. With the U.S. Department of Agriculture expecting crop losses costing hundreds of millions of dollars. With no sign of rain to follow the exceptionally dry summer Farmers are worried that they will not be able to seed this year winter wheat.
With environmental catastrophes such as large scale droughts becoming more common place around the world we all need to get involved in reducing water usage and especially water waste.
Here are a few tips from www.utilitygo.com to help you become a leaner, greener consumer.
- If you’re lucky enough to have pool keep it covered when it’s not in use.
- Rinsing dishes before you put them in the dishwasher is a huge waste of water. Scrape waste food off dishes with a dish squeegee instead. Keep waste food for compost in your garden.
- Fill your dishwasher before you run it. And if you have an Eco mode, use it.
- Wait until you have a full load before you wash your clothes
- Wipe a dusty automobile with a microfiber cloth. No need to wash it if it’s a bit dusty.
- Install tap aerators in your home or workplace. Aerators are a fast and simple way to reduce your water usage. Once they’re installed you won’t even notice them.
- Installing a water saving shower heat not only saves water but will also cut down on your utility bill. Less hot water, means less fuel to heat it.
- Take shorter showers. Use the time in the morning for a few more minutes in bed.
- Make sure you fix any leaking or dripping taps. Those little drips quickly add up to buckets.
- Don’t leave the water running when you brush your teeth. There’s no need and you’re just putting valuable water down the sink.
- Save water each and every time you flush the toilet. Install a toilet water saver
- Collect rainwater in your garden with a water but. This water is ideal for watering your lawn and your plants.
These are just a few tips and tricks to help you save water and reduce your environmental impact. Be sure to look at our range of water saving devices and for more tips and tricks click here.
There are droughts occurring all over the planet. We all need to do our bit, even if we live in an area with water in abundance. You can do your bit by installing Tap Aerators, Toilet water saving devices and Water saving Shower heads from Utilitygo.com